Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Me and Rabbit Saturday 6pm

CARRIER TRANSITION


The paramours took extinction
badly, but by the horns.

That my friend is the boomerang fate
of heroics. Expect the haywire,

somewhat isosceles result.
Expect Sputnik.

Their mouths wharve,
conscript the idiotic traffic of smalltalk,

rob from each other a kerosene sea
that as yet only a bleakly assembled

dizziness in the limbs has approximated.
Just a brief listless yaw into something

so remote as themselves
that they can't approach now without a certain

bel canto, like thawing the frosted
face of an ikon with mere breath,

before uttering some last, choked ahoy
in the hokum face of death.

Its an act of nostalgia cadged from
turned backs (that and a fawned-over

semblance of mettle) they call some chivalric
habit capsizing days mutinied out.

I call it a snow job, personally. A hiatus.
Because the echo of their backlash is audible

when, occasionally, I blink, flush, hear them
coming again disguised as the present.

-Rabbit



Prayer for a small bird

Tonight baby girl I have forty
I’m gonna drink twenty
Cause I need very badly
To see one
Pretty face

And little Roxanne
When I get home
I’m gonna hide the other
In my pillow case
And maybe it will double
Maybe we’ll meet that lady shit
I’d sell a tooth or two for you


Or
Maybe I will get jacked in my sleep and whatever season
Vision it is that comes thru the night and takes the dreams
Away from my mind
Will somehow know to slip her thin hand
Under my head

It’s not enough money for mexico
But it’ll get her out of town

In a small blue car
Loud music lynyrd skynyrd and my incidental unconscious
All the things I want but won’t admit
My midnight moments swarm the air around her she smokes
With the windows closed tight hot boxes
My nightmares and desires

Forget themselves


In the morning
With luck or hope it will still be there and we will split it
Five pills for your belly and maybe I’ll find ten dollars worth of love
Or maybe two short whiskey’s with ice or
Maybe five more pills for your belly

Little girl
Maybe it will double ten pills four whiskeys
Our belly

-ad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home